Disable built in keyboard in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
Sometimes the built in keyboard of your laptop doesn’t work properly. The most common problem is, a specific key is keep pressed automatically after the Windows starts. The only solution is to disable the built in keyboard. In this tutorial, you will learn that how to disable the built in keyboard of your laptop and prevent the automatic driver installation while windows start. Follow the steps below:
- Right click on my computer icon. Now click on properties.
- From the left panel, click on Device Manager. Now the device manager will be open.
- Click on Keyboards.
- Identify the built in keyboard’s driver name and right click on that. Then click on Uninstall.
Now the built in keyboard of your laptop is disabled. But still, there is a problem. If you restart your computer now, then the built in keyboard driver will be install again. So now we have to prevent the windows to install the driver automatically. To do that follow the steps below:
- First, press Win + R. This will open the Windows Run program. Now type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- From the Local Group Policy editor, go to Computer configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Device Installation Restrictions.
- Now right click on, Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings -> Edit. Then set it Enabled.
- Now reboot the computer.
By editing local group policy, the keyboard’s driver will not be able to install automatically.